If you're on the ground floor of your new startup business, now's the time to consider your insurance needs. If you're like most people, you might not think you need insurance for your startup. That's not the case, though. In fact, you shouldn't move forward with your startup until you have insurance protection. If you're not sure what type of insurance protection you need for your startup, read the list provided below. Here are four types of coverage your startup needs right away. 

Liability Protection

If you're getting your startup going, you're going to need liability insurance. To make sure your coverage is complete, you need two types of liability protection. First, you need professional liability insurance. This type of liability protects you against lawsuits stemming from your services. Second, you need general liability insurance. This insurance covers accidents and injuries, including customer injuries that happen on the premises. It also covers injuries resulting from the services you provide. 

Asset Protection

Now that you're moving forward with your startup business, you'll need asset protection. Commercial property insurance can give you that protection. Commercial property insurance protects your commercial assets. Those can include your buildings, equipment, and inventory. One of the benefits of this type of coverage is that it protects against most damages including fire, wind, and vandalism. 

Flood Protection

If you want to provide the best protection for your startup business, don't forget to add flood insurance. You might think that flood damage would be covered by your asset protection, but that's not the case. For protection against flood damage, you need to buy a separate flood insurance policy. The broker you choose for your startup insurance can help you with your flood policy. 

Injury Protection

If you're going to have employees for your startup, now's the time to buy workers compensation insurance. If you only have a couple of employees, you might think you can get by without workers compensation coverage. But, if they're injured on the job, you could be personally responsible for their medical bills. That's why you need workers compensation coverage. This type of insurance offers coverage for injuries, permanent disabilities, and deaths resulting from work-related activities. 

If you're getting your startup off the ground, make sure you start with the right insurance coverage. The right insurance coverage will protect your investment. For questions and concerns, talk to a commercial startup insurance broker near you.